Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Week 11 Wrap-up

First, the bad news. It's looking more and more like my incredible, near-psychic Week 6 through Week 9 run of 35-17-2 may have been more the product of good luck than of vast, reliable football knowledge. The last two weeks, I'm 6-23-3, which is comically, cartoonishly awful.

But the good news: it's looking more and more like my pathetic, near-brain-dead Week 9 through Week 10 run of 6-23-3 may have been more the product of bad luck than of minimal, unreliable football knowledge. Like I pointed out before: you couldn't possibly flip a coin and go 1-12-1, as I did last week. I must know something; it's just that what I know is wrong!

Also, a note on this week... look for two NFL picks columns: a mini one on Wednesday evening or Thursday morning, wherein I pick the three Thanksgiving Day games, and a full column on Friday or Saturday, where I handle the rest of the week.

Okay, I've stalled long enough. On to the brutal, brutal numbers.

Week 11: 5-9-2

Overall: 70-77-10

Games I Felt Good About in Week 10: 1-4

Games I've Felt Good About Overall: 25-29-1

Yeah, But Still...

Week 6 through Week 11, Overall: 41-38-5

The Smartest Thing I Said Last Week:

Since Halloween the Falcons have looked sort of like an NFL team; this is the week we all remember, "oh, yeah. The Falcons are bad."

The Dumbest Thing I Said Last Week:

Really? The Vikings are going to score five points without Adrian Peterson? How are they going to do it... skeleton power?

Turns out they did it against a horrible Raiders team, with a running back who gained over 1,000 yards last season running behind one of the best offensive lines in football. Mea culpa on that one, Steve Hutchinson, Matt Birk and Bryant McKinnie.

I still don't think the Vikings are going anywhere this season, but, at 4-6, they've officially closed the discussion (which was going on between me and no one else, frankly) of whether they'll be the worst Vikings team of all time. They may not even be the worst Vikings team of the Brad Childress era. We'll see.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?