Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Week 10 Wrap-up

I feel I should be allowed to speak in my own defense following my picks this week. I have two points to make.

1) I announced in my picks column that I felt a bad week coming on. I mentioned this twice, in fact. I said, specifically:

I'm feeling a pretty bad week coming on, so you probably shouldn't listen to me about anything else this week.

and, in discussing the line on the Bears-Raiders game:

See? This is why this is such a horrible week.

So, I think I proved that I know enough to know when I have no idea.

2) I don't bet on games, as I've said (unless I'm in Vegas. Which I almost never am). If I did bet on games -- if, for the sake of argument, I bet $100 on every game every week -- I would have looked at this week's games, shaken my head, and taken my entire weekly gambling budget and bet it on the Packers. As such, I would actually have won more money this week than in any weeks previous. So there.

Week 10: 1-12-1

Overall: 65-68-8

Games I Felt Good About in Week 10: 1-4

Games I've Felt Good About Overall: 24-25-1

Just to show you that this week was the exception rather than the rule...

Week 6 through Week 10, Overall: 36-29-3

The Smartest Thing I Said Last Week:

No WAY the Vikings keep this close. Absolutely NO WAY. I can't imagine the Packers will be dumb enough to let Adrian Peterson beat them and inept enough not to be able to exploit the Vikings' horrible pass defense.

The Dumbest Thing I Said Last Week:

[This, minus the above.]


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?