Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Week 3 Wrap-up

Well, there we go. If I'd picked a single one of the Sunday late games correctly, I'd have had a winning week. And, I finally won more Games I Felt Good About than I lost. I look for big things in Week 4. Big, big things.

Week 3: 7-7-2

Overall: 18-25-5

Games I Felt Good About in Week 3: 3-2

Games I've Felt Good About Overall: 6-8-1

The Smartest Thing I Said Last Week (tie):

[T]he Patriots are going to want to crush everybody this year, in an "it doesn't make any difference if we're cheating or not when we win by this many points" sort of way. They're going to be like a top-tier college football team back when margin of victory was factored in.

and

Stick a fork in the Rams.

The Dumbest Thing I Said Last Week:

[favored by 6] Seems like too many points for an Eagles team that has shown no indication it's any good.

To be fair to me, though, prior to their 56-point outburst on Sunday, the Eagles hadn't given much indication that they were any good. Still, when you say 6 points is too much for a team to be favored by, then they score 56, it qualifies as dumb.

In unrelated news, check out "Chuck" on Monday nights on NBC. "Chuck" was the only show of the new season I gave myself a realistic chance of watching more than once or twice, and I thought last night's pilot was exceptional. Also, it has Adam Baldwin and a hot chick.

And, if television history has taught us anything, it's that a show with Adam Baldwin and a hot chick should be watched early and often, because it'll be really, really good and it might not last very long.


Comments:
You're righter than you know about your AB/HC rule: Fox canceled the fascinating FBI thriller "The Inside" far too quickly, and its resident hot chick has seldom been seen since.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?