Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Life Imitates Ms. Pac Man

In an effort to relieve me of a small chunk of my disposable income, someone in the building where I work recently installed an old-school Ms. Pac Man machine in the post office box area that's been carved out of a section of parking garage. I usually manage to fit in a game or two a day (it still only costs a quarter).

This afternoon, as I was walking away from the machine after a game that started well but ended badly, a nice postal worker lady who also happened to be on her way out asked me, "did you lose?"

I said, "Well, you always lose; it's just a matter of how long it takes."

And as I rode up the elevator to our offices I thought, "Boy, if that doesn't sum up human mortality."

Comments:
Well done, Mr. Lenny. Well done.
 
I've often thought that people who grew up on Atari games that you simply play until you die have a much more existential and melancholy view of the world (i.e.: more correct) then the kids who grew up running up 113-0 scores on Madden by running the same play over and over again.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?