Thursday, April 21, 2005

Congratulations to the Santanas

I missed this yesterday, but, Johan Santana of the Minnesota Twins -- who has not lost a start since July 17 of last year, and as a lifelong Twins fan I feel like I deserve a tiny bit of credit for that -- and his wife had a baby last night (their second), just 45 minutes before Santana pitched against the Royals. Apparently, Yasmile Santana told her husband to go and pitch instead of staying with her at the hospital, and so he did.

Dude. I've only been married a year-and-a-half, and I know better than that.

Also, the Santana is from Venezuela, which brings up the question: when a rich Venezuelan baseball player has a kid, does he just send a few hundred grand to each drug cartel/criminal organization up front, or does he wait until the baby actually gets kidnapped?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?