Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Unsubstantiated Rumor

Haven't been blogging much; let's see if we can't change that (my guess: we can't).

Anyway, a buddy of mine just heard from a friend (and Kings fan) who bumped into Wayne Gretzky in a bar in New York. I guess Wayne got a little drinky (nothing wrong with that; he's an adult, and we've all been there), and when my buddy's friend asked him if there will be hockey next season, Wayne said, "I don't care."

Apparently one of Wayne's "people" quickly turned to my buddy's friend and told her, "uh, he cares."

Still, the lesson: if even Wayne Gretzky (in any condition) has lost interest in the NHL, there's trouble. Personally, I think that if it weren't for the tradition associated with the Stanley Cup, the smart thing to do would be to scrap the whole thing and start over. Whole new league.

Comments:
Sure, he doesn't care about hockey. But he must still care about Waikiki Hockey! Right?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?